Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Love Affair With Summer Continues...


Ah, summer...sweet, sweet summer! How I do love thee!

It is some kind of weird karma that made me a sun-worshipping, summer loving, redheaded and freckled pale person who couldn't get even the slightest tan to save her life and burns at the drop of a hat, even after applying the highest SPF known to humankind!

If summer was a man, I'd marry him!

If summer was a child, I'd adopt her.

If summer was an elixer, I'd drink it...

As it is, I declare summer to be my drug of choice and I am high on it! (*disclaimer: the writer of this blog is simply trying to drive home a point and does not, in any way, shape, or form, advocate the use of illegal, illicit, and/or ill-advised street drugs or prescription narcotics).

I trust that you get where I'm going with this?!

And yes, I am aware that technically, it won't even officially be summer for another couple of weeks, but I'm all about 'the early bird gets the worm', and 'Carpe Diem', etc. so I'm getting the jump on summer, it's happening now, and I am positively swooning!

1 comment:

Clipper Street said...

Hey there! Thanks for dropping by the ol' blog for a hello:) Yes, life is a wee bit crazed at the moment. My Dad has cancer too. It seems to be the new "in" thing, which is frightening. It is just so common and it is strange if you don;t have someone in your life with cancer.

Enjoy your summer and I love this post. So funny and sooo you:) take care. come and see us in the Sept. when we move into our new digs or before if you like. ttyl

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails