Thursday, February 26, 2009

Block Head

For a few months now, I have been experiencing 'writer's block', for lack of a better term. I am not one to be short for words, but I can't string together a simple paragraph to save my life! I've started several posts in draft form, but just can't get 'em going. It's a strange feeling to have so much going on inside my head and not be able to get it out. The connection between my brain and my ability to type has short-circuted. My fingers are mute! Kind of frustrating, I must say! It's not like I've got the next great Canadian literary masterpiece trapped inside - I just want to be able to vent, blab, ramble, pour it out...and I can't! I'm stopped up! The pathway from my brain to my fingertips is constipated!! I need the mental equivalent of a tall glass of prune juice but I just don't know what this would be. Crap! (no pun intended). In the meantime, this current mental affliction has not impacted the big piece of my little brain that is devoted to scrapbooking! I have managed to squeeze out (again, no pun intended!) a couple of layouts for the lovely little inspiration blog I mentioned in my last couple of posts. Sonja posts a new challenge at The Inspired Scrapper every Friday, which gives me just one more reason to exclaim TGIF!! each week. Challenge #7 was to use one sheet of diecut paper on at least two layouts. I managed to do this using a lovely cream coloured, very lacy piece of paper, and the bonus for me is that I used it on a primarily pink layout about my daughter and a boyish, earthier colour schemed layout about my son. Sonja's current challenge is #8 - using chipboard snowflakes, and the examples she has posted are very nice, but I just can't deal with anything snow related right now. Without going into huge dramatics, I'll just say that anything to do with snow OR winter could just about tip me over the psychological abyss I teeter on, so I will be abstaining from this week's challenge BUT - I am really looking forward to finding out what the challenge for the coming week will be! In the meantime, I'm on a bit of a card making bender, so maybe I'll have a few for posting soon, if words continue to fail me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the layouts!

Stacey

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails