Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

What a day! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the Spring is springing! All is well in Jillville!

For starters, I left work this past week on the afternoon of Friday, February 27th. On the morning of March 2nd, I returned. I was feeling pretty fine. Sit down at my desk, fire up my computer, flip my wall calender over - Goodbye, February - Hello, March! Glanced at the upcoming week and about fell right out of my chair. Next weekend is Daylight Savings! Yes - NEXT weekend! Oh Hallelujah, I heard the angels burst into song right at that very moment! The darkest days are behind us, and nothing but sunshine up ahead! There was a time, many many moons ago, that I would have said that Fall is my favorite season, but no more. As I have grown older, matured, given birth to a few children, Spring has become the more favored of the two seasons. Truth be told, I'm REALLY partial to Summer, but ah...Spring. It's the kickoff to summer, and where the fun is just beginning. Especially after the monstrous amount of snow that fell this particular winter - but we don't have to talk about that anymore! No, it is March, and it is (almost) Daylight Savings, and this calls for cake, wouldn't you agree?!

So that takes care of the beginning of this work week. Now we arrive at Wednesday, the middle of the work week, 'Hump Day' so to speak. Had a great drive in to work this morning - radio set to CFOX, as it always is when it's Mommy's turn for the radio. First song played not too long after setting off was 'Kickstart My Heart', classic Motley Crue. Had to crank that bad boy up to an unhealthy (but oh so rockin!) volume. Then, some morning show banter, etc. GREAT morning show over there on the Fox. Makes me laugh out loud every time I listen. Which is another great way to start a day - laughing out loud. Can only get better from there, right?! Oh, and it did! Almost to work, the Fox turns out some STP. Oh yeah, baby - crank the volume dial real high again. Pull into the parkade, zip to the roof, back smartly into an ideally located parking spot, and saunter on in to my department with five minutes to spare. Perfecto! Oh, and as a bonus - I realized that for the first time in months, I hadn't used the heater in the car on my way to work. Not once! Oh happy day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails