Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A New Tuesday Meme...


Hello, and Happy Tuesday! I've just come across a new-to-me meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Here is the description/explanation from the blog of how to join:

"Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!"

I thought it sounded pretty fun, so here's my "teaser", from So Much For That, by Lionel Shriver:

"So your answer is to make our children ashamed of themselves, which doesn't improve their math skills one bit."

Carol's whisk-whisk motions were her only giveaway that she was furious.


Are you intrigued? Do you want to run out and find this book? Will you add it to your 'Must Read' list? This is the first book I've ever read of Lionel Shriver's. I've only just started it - so far it seems promising, if perhaps a bit slow right now...


What have you read lately that you would recommend?

2 comments:

Nise' said...

Great teaser. I'd be furious too.

jlshall said...

That does sound interesting. Of course, I have no math skills whatsoever! Excellent teaser.
Mine's at Joy's Blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails