Friday, February 26, 2010

7 Quick Takes...



I came across this fun meme over at The Conversion Diary and I thought I'd join in, so without further delay, here are my 7 Quick Takes:

1. Another Friday, another challenge over at The Inspired Scrapper. This one is simply to use flowers. Spring is springing, after all! Check it out, and join in via Mr. Linky!

2. After being married for almost eight years and having three children, my husband and I are now looking to buy our first home. It's a nerve wracking process at times! In the past, whenever I've heard anybody say they were 'devastated' when an offer that they've made on a house hasn't worked out, I would think, 'Relax - it's just a house - find another!'. Nice, eh?! Now - I understand how somebody could feel that way.

3. This is the final weekend of the 2010 Winter Olympics. I'm going to miss it! Living in the host city has been the opportunity of a lifetime - I wonder, have I done enough? Have I taken advantage of all the goings on? How are my children going to remember this time? I think that Vancouver is going to feel some post-event blues. I think I will too. On the positive side, while I've enjoyed watching all the Canadian and International coverage on televsion - I'm looking forward to NOT having the TV on for awhile!

4. I never thought I'd ever say this, but...I actually prefer McDonald's coffee to Tim Hortons and Starbucks! I used to look at McDonald's coffee with complete disdain. Then, sometime this past year, McDonald's offered free coffee in the morning for a period of a few weeks, so I started hitting the drive-thru on my way to work for my freebie, and marketing works, folks, because McDonald's proved to me that their coffee is now not only improved, but superior! I actually crave it now and will go out of my way just to hit the drive-thru. I still feel a bit embarrassed to be seen drinking their coffee (I'm sure that will pass), but...I'm a convert!

5. I have been blogging for over three years now - I can't believe it! I started this blog when my last born child was about three weeks old - feels like a lifetime ago. At the time, I wasn't sure about this whole blogging thing, but three years later - I absolutely love it! I think I'll be blogging forever - although, it will be interesting to see how blogging evolves and what it will consist of in the years to come.

6. I am mulling over the idea of getting a dog. For years, I was dead-set against having any pets, but now...this little itch for a dog is getting bigger. I'm not going to make any sudden moves - it's a huge decision. Like having another child, in a lot of ways. A dog is a big, long-term, and somewhat expensive commitment, and not one that I take lightly. I think I'll have to dedicate an entirely separate post to discussing the pros and cons of adding a dog to our family. I hope my husband's not reading this...I don't think he's anywhere near being ready for a conversation about this! The kids, however, would be ecstatic. We'll keep this quiet for now...ssshhh...

7. It was harder than I thought it would be to come up with '7' quick takes, and I don't know if they'd all qualify as 'quick', but this was a fun meme to take part in and I will definitely be doing it again!

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Congratulations on making the move to get a house!

Thanks for participating. These were fun to read. Nice to "meet" you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails