While poking about on Facebook today, I saw that my friend Heather had a link to her blog entry for today, which featured a list of things that she was thankful for. I loved the idea, so I am adopting it here. For a full explanation of this concept, go to the Gratitude Community. Basically, the idea is to somehow acknowledge 1000 graces or gifts in your life with gratitude.
I have decided to do this in gradual steps - 20 per Monday for 50 Mondays equals 1000 gratitudes. Maybe some weeks I'll get all crazy and go beyond 20; hopefully, I don't have any weeks where I struggle to even make it to 20. I will admit - I am not a religious person, but I appreciate the concept of recognizing the good things, the fortunes in our respective lives. So, without further ado, here is the first leg of my quest for 1000:
1. A nice day at home with Cody
2. Lots of sunshine and record breaking (high!) temperatures.
3. A hubby who has a strong work ethic.
4. Everett Crowley Park as part of the walk home with Casey after school.
5. The joy of blogging.
6. A real-life and online community of women in which to share my love of all things paper crafting, parenting/family life, and photography.
7. One individual doctor, as well as the wider circle of people who are involved in her group practice, who has been such a lifeline to me for almost two decades!
8. Living in a very advantaged country.
9. Strong steeped black tea with milk. All day long.
10. All the luxuries of our modern era - the internet, microwave, washer/dryer, etc.
11. My sister.
12. My new baby niece, Olivia.
13. All my extended family - I got lucky big time!
14. A good haircut.
15. Good books.
16. The ability to smile, a reason to laugh - everyday.
17. Three healthy, beautiful children.
18. Fresh fruits and veggies.
19. Bedtime 'I love you's' from my little boys.
20. The opportunity for Vancouver to host the 2010 Winter Olympics.