Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Git 'Er Done Challenge at The Inspired Scrapper...

This week's scrapbooking challenge over at The Inspired Scrapper is to finish an incomplete layout/project. I am guilty of having several (or more!) pages in varying states of completion, so I had plenty to choose from. I settled on the page below, which is about my youngest child's 3rd birthday last year. He will be four in a few short weeks, so I thought it was timely.

*Photo Disclaimer - I don't take very good pictures of 2-page layouts! This is the best that I could do...how sad is that?!



I felt pretty good about the basic composition, but this page is obviously lacking those 'finishing touches'. When I first sat down and started staring at this page, I was completely lacking any kind of inspiration or direction. I was in the process of packing it up again and choosing something else when I told myself to stop!! If I did that, I would just end up having to look at it again sometime, and I thought that this was the perfect opportunity to push myself through a creative block.

Here is the finished layout:



I must say, I am very pleased with the final product! I have been wanting to try an oh-so-trendy banner for a very long time and it was so easy - I love the result! The huge bonus for me is that I used some very ancient Basic Grey Vagabond fiber to hand the banner's flags from. I loooove using up older product!! I also added some older DCWV rub-ons, and I dug into my abundant stamp stash and used three different older and rarely-used acrylic stamps.

Go check out The Inspired Scrapper for some more finished layouts and their 'before' states, and get yourself motivated to finish one or more of your own!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails