Sunday, April 18, 2010

For Today, Sunday April 18th, 2010...

Outside my window...the green glow of enthusiastic sunshine filtering down through new leaves.

I am thinking...that life is good.

I am thankful...for sleep patterns that are finally settling down, and this time I'm not talking about the kids - I mean my own!

From the kitchen...Good old-fashioned Sunny Boy cereal, with lots of brown sugar. Mmmm mmmm...

I am wearing...if you've ever read my 'For Today' posts before, you'll know the answer to this...my at-home 'sloppy slops' - yoga pants, oversized turquoise t-shirt, hoodie...

I am reading...'The Night Birds', by Thomas Maltman.

I am hoping...that my daughter feels better soon, and that I don't catch what she's got even though I can feel it starting in my nose and throat...

I am going...to mega-dose on Vitamin C and my various other elixirs.

I am creating...co-ordinated card sets as thank-you gifts to give to some wonderful people when we move.

I am hearing...'hee hoo...hee hoo...' - seemingly ever-present, persistent, and very welcome black-capped chickadees.

Around the house...Lots of boxes and rubbermaid containers - four weeks until we move into our new home!

One of my favorite things...having the doors and windows wide open to let in the fresh, warm spring air.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Mail a package of cards to Operation Write Home, complete some more gift sets of hand made cards, and more purging/packing around the house.

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing with you...Casey and Cody climbing an enbankment at Everett Crowley Park. Check out The Great Outdoor Challenge at www.5orangepotatoes.com - it's a really fun idea and this is my official first day of joining in!

2 comments:

5orangepotatoes said...

Hi Jillian,

Thanks for joining the challenge and glad to meet a like minded mama.

I'm off now to add your site to the links.

lisa

Sherri said...

I love your lists...that was fun to read! I love the outdoor challenge. I have not joined in yet ...but I do enjoy my kids embracing the outdoors!

I just found your blog and I am excited to follow along!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails