Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Top Ten...Things I'm Looking Forward To When We Move...


Today I am joining in on Amanda's 'Top 10 Tuesday' meme over at www.ohamanda.com.

After 8 years of marriage and three children, my husband and I have bought our first home. It's such a big step and it's so exciting! There was a time in my life when I thought that I would never own my own house. I've come a long way since then and am so thankful for this opportunity. My Top 10 list today is of things that I'm looking forward to about having a new home:

1. Not having to use the stove top as a counter top.

2. Closet doors that close properly.

3. A full size fridge for this family of 5.

4. Built-in light fixtures in the ceilings.

5. An entranceway that is wide enough to maneuver in, and bright enough, thanks to natural light via windows!

6. Not battling mold and mildew in the windows, closets, etc.

7. A main bathroom that you can just walk into, versus one where you have to inch your way in around the door as you open it because it opens right into the vanity.

8. More square footage.

9. Properly hung/affixed window coverings on all the windows.

10. All the benefits of owning vs. renting from a financial/investment standpoint.

We take possession on May 15th. Let the purging and packing begin!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Congratulations! Buying a new home is exciting! Fun decorating times ahead.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jillian .. what excellent news .. doesn't it open up the world .. declutter, start again with all your home dreams from the family being able to be included finally. Have fun .. and love the life in the next few weeks ..

Thinking of you and so inspiring and happy news .. Hilary

Tracy said...

Ohh this is so exciting. Congrats.
I was thinking of buying a new home just to declutter this one. LOL

Connie Fossenier said...

congrat's on the new home...wow something to look forward to...I can only imagine how excited you are.
connie paxman

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails