Saturday, March 20, 2010

Blog Hoppin' with OWH!

Hello - welcome to my little stop along the way in the big Operation Write Home Spring Break Bloghop! If you are are participating in the OWH blog hop and you've found your way here from Vieve Garner's blog, Plaid Polka Dots, you are rolling along merrily! If you have found your way here from somewhere else, well - you are just as welcome, and encouraged to join in on OWH's blog hop - it's big and bold and full of wonderful inspiration, creation, and celebration! Head on over to the OWH Stars & Stripes blog to start at the beginning. Reminder - leave a comment on this post to show that you were here. At the end of the hop, I will be writing on an itty bitty little strip of paper the name of each person who commented, then I will throw everybody's name into a hat (a Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics toque, specifically!) and I will draw one name. This person will be announced somewhere here as the winner, I will make contact via email in order to get a mailing address, and I will be sending a humble yet heartfelt little gift/RAK of appreciation to them. YOU could be the lucky winner - yes, YOU, so don't forget to comment at the bottom of this post.

If you are not familiar with Operation Write Home, I strongly urge you to check them out! It's such a great organization - their mission statement reads, and I quote - "To support our nation’s armed forces by sending blank greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." Their site(s) feature so many heartwarming stories and comments that demonstrate how sending handmade greeting cards overseas, such a seemingly small and simple show of support for some of this world's true heroes, can make such a strong and appreciated impact. Truly, it's the least we can do and I personally find it so rewarding to know that the cards that I so enjoy making can be received by service people overseas who can in turn use them to send words of love back home across so many, many miles to their families who love them and miss them and pray for their safety every day...Like I said, SO rewarding! You can find out more here, here, here, and here!


OK, now on with the show! Participants in the OWH Spring Break Blog Hop were asked to create a 'Welcome Spring'/Thinking Of You spring-inspired card. I have made three cards that say 'Spring' to me - bright, cheerful, and floral. I left them without greetings so that they remain in the 'all occasion' category and can be used for birthday, thinking of you, love, etc. I often do this for cards that I keep in my stash so that they are versatile and can be modified to suit an occasion as needed. For the cards that I send in to OWH, I almost always add a greeting of some kind in order to give them a 'finished' feeling/appearance. Of note, you can go to Operation Write Home's home page to find out what their currents calls/requests and deadlines for cards are (look in the bottom left column). As of today, they are asking for packages to be sent postmarked by:

Mother's Day: April 1
Graduation: April 19
Father's Day: May 15
All other cards: anytime

Alright, now on to the next stop along the way - hop on over to Tami Bayer's blog, Dapple Designs, see what goodness she has to offer, and make sure to leave her some love too!

Thanks for stopping by and playing along! I hope you will be inspired to send OWH a package of your own handmade cards often - or even every once in a while - it's all good!

Happy Saturday!

72 comments:

Operation Write Home said...

These springy cards are so cheeeeeery! And I love that they have no sentiments, I know those are the most useful for our heroes. Thanks for joining in the hop!!!

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Gorgeous cards! Love their bright happy colors:)

...Darlene said...

Jillian,
Thank you for sharing your cards. I happened to check out your post just before this one and have bookmarked A Holy Experience. A little or maybe big blessing along the way!
darlene a

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what great cards. I love the flowers and your button embellies. TFS.

Meg Bean said...

Beautiful use of colors on your card!!

Fabre said...

OH my gosh, I just love the spring colors too! Thanks for sharing them with us and happy hopping!

SuzAnn said...

what fun cheerful papers you've used! Thanks for supporting OWH

Unknown said...

Glad you got your post up...I am the one before yours and I didn't see it this morning. Very cute and BRIGHT cards.

Have a great day!

Kate said...

There is a whole lot of happy in those colors! Happy Blog Hop!

Paula S. said...

Very pretty cards and I love that you have shown us how you can achieve a variety of results with the same patterns and colors. Great work!

Tami Bayer said...

Love your beautiful happy cards. Thanks for supporting OWH.

Jeanne said...

The colors on your card are so bright. I love it!!!!

jeanne706 at yahoo dot com

Betty said...

What bright and cheery cards...

Betty said...

What fun cards someone is going to be very lucky to get them :)

Brittany said...

Oh, I love your interpretation of the spring card theme! Excellent! I love when green, pink, and blues are used together. They compliment each other well.

lavendarrose29 said...

These cards rock. I love all the cheerful colors you used.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Love your bright spring cards, that designer paper is wonderful!

hiscreation2 said...

Absolutely lovely cards! Thank you for your inspiration. :))
hiscreation2@hotmail.com

AprilsL8 said...

What cheerful cards! love the button!


AprilsL8@windstream.net

Wendy said...

I like the colors and they way you reverse punched the corners. I never remember that so your blog may help! Thanks for being a part of OWH.

thedoglady2004@ymail.com

TN Granny said...

Darling cards and you outlook on you mind is pretty funny to.
God Bless you,
Jeanine #14 on the Hop.

Erika said...

Beautiful cards! And as a military wife I must say thank you for helping OWH keep families together in heart despite being apart because of duty.

Anita said...

I love the bright colors.
anitamocha@charter.net

Missy said...

What a great way to use some of my scraps of pattern paper. Thank you.

JenMarie said...

These are great, so cheerful!!

Unknown said...

Oh wow, what great cards! Love them all!!

Erica said...

Great cards. So colorful!

Louise Fox said...

Jillian, Your cards are happy and bright - I like them very much. Great idea to have them made up ahead of time and then put the sentiment on them. My favorite card is the lower, left card. I would like to use that as a sketch for some OWH cards. And I have to ask - is the little girl in your header you? Blessings, Louise

Renee said...

Love the pattern papers, buttons, and butterfly!

*e*d* said...

love your color combo!

One Scrappy Gal said...

What bright and cheerful cards! Thank you for sending cards to our servicemen and women!
scrappygal1 at gmail dot com.

Merry's Musings said...

Love those bohemian colors, the turquoise/sky blue gets me every time. Perfect arrangement..great elements. Love your cards!

Dixie Cochran said...

Your colors look like sherbet! Yummy! Terrific cards!

silvia said...

Beautiful cards!! LOVE the bright colors!!

Kajikit said...

Love your bright and cheery spring cards!

silvia said...

Great cards!! LOVE the bright colors!!

laurlynn said...

Love your cards! Wish I had so much talent but alas that's why I tend to case. Someday...

~Jeri~ said...

Beautiful card!! Love the colors, so bright and cheery!

As a military spouse and someone new to OWH, I thank you for taking part in this awesome blog hop and in OWH!

Kas said...

The colors on your cards are great!!

Martha said...

That printed paper you used with the bold graphics is cool! Very nice cards and my favorite is the one with the butterfly. Thank you for sharing your work!

grandmalee said...

What wonderful cheery cards! The colors & layouts are so beautiful! Your blog & projects are great! Thanks for helping out w/OWH! My daughter is a soldiers & can't thank people enough for all that they do. She's pictured on my blog @ http://stampingwithgrandmalee.blogspot.com/

Whispers and Wishes said...

Buttons and buterflies... very nice. Love your use of patterned paper and these cards sure do say "spring" Looking forward to coming back to read more when I've mad e it through the hop.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jillian .. such a great cause to support .. and provides a different approach for all you creatives out there .. your cards can take a completely different turn.

Have a great Spring weekend .. Hilary

Sanwanya said...

lovethe papers and colors you use!!

Cathy... said...

Love those happy cards! Thanks so much for being a part of this hop and making cards for our troops!

Janice said...

The colors on your cards are so fun and I like that they open in the opposite direction.

Unknown said...

I love the bright colors you have used on your cards. It was a pleasure visiting your blog, even if it did mean crossing the big pond

stampinslippers.blogspot.com/

shelly said...

the pattern paper is so cheerful! super cute cards.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to do, I love making cards but they go in a box and I have no place for them to go, my family gets cards here and there, but most just go into a box. Now I have a reason to continue to make cards and places for them to go. Thanks ever so much
Your cards are wonderful
faesgrammy@yahoo.com

Lora3677 said...

I love the double border punch with the flower. So happy and cheery

Gloria Westerman said...

Your cards are so pretty....and bright and colorful....thank you for sharing with us......
gw0109@gmail.com

Cyn said...

Beautiful and colorful cards!

buglvr2010 said...

Beautiful spring cards...the colors are so bright and cheerful! Thanks for the opportunity to win!

Corri
buglvr2010 at gmail dot com

Lauretta See said...

beautiful bright and cherful colors :))

Great job!

Hugs x

Rufus said...

Lovely springy cards! Esp like the butterfly. I know exactly how you feel about OWH, since I feel the same. Have been sending them cards for almost 3 years now. I even host a group that gets together once a month to make cards for them. Thanks for your support for OWH and our Heroes!
R/

Rufus said...

Forgot to tell you that I like your header and love the name of your blog! Gave me a big smile!
R

Christine said...

beautiful springy colors - love the butterfly... they remind me of my mommy :)

StampinSher said...

Very pretty cards with terrific Spring colors. It makes me feel that we are in Spring now!
Thanks for supporting OWH.
Sher

Carolyn Bounds said...

Oooooo...all of your cards are FABULOUS!!! I love the bright, cheerful colors...it's like receiving paper smiles:o) You have definitely captured the essence of spring with these lovely works of heART!!! I love them!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards!! I love them! Thanks for your support of OWH!

Shelly said...

Beautiful cards!!! I love the papers and embellies that you chose.

Cut n Paste said...

Love the springy colors on your cards. I too often leave sentiments off - that way the cards can be used where needed. Thank you for supporting OWH!

Loni said...

Bright & Cheerful! Thx for supporting OWH.Hugs, Loni (Stop #55)

JPScraps said...

Great looking cards. I love all the colors!

debb said...

How cheerful these cards are! I love them!

Purple Princess said...

Super fun and bright cards! I love the photo in your blog header too! Adorable!

Susan said...

beautiful, bright and cheery cards!! thanks for all you do.
Susan

Lyneen said...

SUPER SPRING CARDS!!!!! Thanks for sharing and supporting OWH.

Collette said...

What great cards - so cheery and bright - sure to please. Thanks or participating in the blog hop.

Kimme said...

What wonderful spring cards. Great job!

Trevorstuffmammas said...

Great ideas....Thank you for using such great color!!

Anonymous said...

I love your bright colors! The cards are so pretty!

Corinna
www.myscrapbooklife.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails