Monday, March 1, 2010

Multitude Monday - Round Two


Well, it's Monday again and so time for another 20 things for which I am grateful. Today's list includes, but is not limited to, the following items - in no particular order:

21. Quiet moments in which to regroup, refresh, regenerate. It's imperative to my survival and sanity!

22. The public library. Oh my word. How I love the library. I get in there and I'm like the proverbial kid in a candy store.

23. My safe and happy home. Chaotic and cluttered - but safe and happy.

24. The opportunity to NOT work outside of the home right now. I'm really enjoying my time at home - really enjoying the cliche-but-oh-so-true quality time with my children - especially little Dookie. He needs it the most, and with him being my last baby...it's particularly poignant.

25. CFOX morning show. I can be in the foulest, most irritable mood, but if I'm lucky enough to have a moment to listen to a bit of the morning show at CFOX, it gets me laughing and feeling good again in no time. Because this is not a program that I consider appropriate for my young children's ears, it's a real treat when I am actually on my own at a time when I can catch it.

26. Cherry blossoms. They are everywhere! What a gorgeous winter this has been, and spring has tiptoed in early!

27. A loving, suportive husband.

28. My new little 'pocket camera' that my husband got me for Valentines Day. So easy to keep in my pocket or purse. Still love my digital SLR, but this little Sony is quite the little workhorse. Lots of great features, and more megapixels than my Canon!

29. Spring Break on the horizon. Hopefully, we will take a drive down to Seattle where my sister, her husband, and their two little girls live. A visit with my sister is long overdue! Better yet, we might even make it a round trip on the train. The Amtrak Cascades is not a bad way to go and the little boys will love it!!

30. Rubber boots. There's a certain satisfaction in being able to tromp around in the rain and know that your feet will stay dry and warm. "There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing." — Sir Rannulph Fiennes. Problem solved!

31. Good, clean drinking water right from the tap!

32. Naps. No explanation necessary!

33. A sense of humour. I can't imagine where'd I'd be without it.

34. Structure and routine. For me, for my children. Couldn't have it any other way.

35. A migraine that didn't quite happen. Got the sensitivity to sound. Got the blind spots/auras...then...nothing. Severe discomfort averted.

36. Clean laundry. Sure it's a bit of a chore to fold and put away, but it's a small price to pay for knowing exactly where to go for clean socks and undies!

37. An engaging paperback novel with a clip-on booklight to take to bed with me. Even if I know I am way to tired to get beyond the page that I'm on, it's insurance - peace of mind towards a good night's sleep.

38. Airborne. My magic elixir. Works every time.

39. The sweetness of little boys.

40. The good fortune of being born into the most beautiful city in the world and being able to raise my children here.

holy experience

1 comment:

lacintha said...

Hi Jill :)
Thanks for the blog visit...what a fabulous post this is...really drives things into perspective...thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails