Saturday, March 6, 2010

For Today, March 6, 2010

Outside my window...Cherry blossoms, my humble little straggly forsythia (I think I need to prune it aggressively!), my hostas starting to poke up out of the earth in my garden...oh, how I love this time of year!

I am thinking...about what to pack for our trip down to Seattle...I really should make a list. Bikes, car activities, music, books, medication, rain gear (crossing my fingers that we won't need it!)...and lots of other stuff. I don't pack light, people!

I am thankful...for my friends. I'm pretty lucky in the friend department.

From the kitchen...red wine :)

I am wearing...As always, I just cut and paste this part from my last 'For Today' entry - "my usual at-home uniform - yoga pants, oversized t-shirt/sweater".

I am reading...Hold On To Your Kids, by Gordon Neufeld/Gabor Mate

I am hoping...that this beautiful sunshine lasts for spring break, and that my sister's husband isn't too sick, that my sister doesn't get sick, and that her kids stay healthy too because darn it, it's spring break and we're supposed to be leaving for their place tomorrow!

I am going...house hunting again tomorrow. It's not something I enjoy all that much...it tries my patience. But - I am grateful to be in a position where it's actually something we can be doing right now.

I am creating...lots of cards. I'm really loving the card making lately!

I am hearing...dang it, I wish I could say something other than...the TV!

Around the house...sigh. Well, let's just call it 'signs of happy, busy children'.

One of my favorite things...just regular, everyday life.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Road trip to Seattle, good times with my kids, my sister and her family, lots of photo ops, and then the excitement of watching my husband do his leg of the run with the torch for the Paralympics.

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing with you...A self-portrait of Casey and I from March 5th - goofing around in the van while waiting to pick up Chanel.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails