Good morning, and Happy Monday! Time for another round of thankfulness with Multitude Monday, hosted by Ann at A Holy Experience. Her post today planted a big ol' lump squarely in my throat. She put into words so beautifully what my muddled brain sometimes ponders on - "How does a heart sorrow over the time forever gone and still be present to the wonder of the time that is now?" Ok - lump in throat and tears in eyes. Thank you, Ann - your words just happened to find me in a most timely manner.
Now - before I commence with today's installment of 20 gratitudes, I must confess - this list should be numbers 61 through 80, but last Monday I was away visiting my sister and didn't plan ahead for my Monday post. I considered posting it late once I got back, but, well...I didn't. In summary - a quote, from Forrest Gump - "That's all I have to say about that."
41. A safe (but very rainy!) drive to Seattle
42. Being able to spend the first half of Spring Break with my sister, my brother-in-law, and two of my beautiful nieces.
43. Home again safe and sound (sick unfortunately, but still safe and sound!)
44. 'Get well' pictures drawn by Casey
45. The most wonderful parents-in-law ever!
46. Watching my husband carry the Paralympic torch
47. The improving ability to bite my tongue
48. The opportunity for my sons to attend a Paralympic sledge hockey game
49. A regular paycheque
50. Hearing my two boys in the bathtub splashing and laughing gustily
51. Feeling like my daughter and I are experiencing more decent times that difficult times lately...
52. Being surrounded by wonderful green space
53. Photographs. Old ones. New ones. So many great images and memories captured.
54. Accessible health care
55. Daylight Savings!!
56. Good neighbours
57. Getting a big pot of hot black tea brewed first thing in the morning
58. The ability to (often, but not always) find humour in difficult moments/times
59. Moments of 'down time/me time'
60. Other bloggers who share their stories with humour and honesty and eloquence